Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

3/1/14: Long Run

20 miles, 3,648', 3:13

Route was basically the same as last Saturday, but just tacked on an out and back at Red Rocks. It was snowing and blowing pretty hard up on Green Mtn to start, but I felt pretty good on the first climb considering. My water flasks in the UD AK vest began to freeze within the first couple miles and I realized I left my handheld at home. Once I reached the halfway point, I decided to commit to taking in no calories for the entire run. I actually got to the point where I was tired of dealing with having to stop to unscrew a flask for water, so just said screw it from mile 10 home. Considering how depleted I was, I never really felt too bad and even felt decent on the last climb from miles 15-18. As always, the weather seemed to be at it's worst on Green Mountain. I was treated to some nice sideways sleet/snow on the way back down. It was all in good fun though and it's nice to know the aerobic system is in a good place.







3 comments:

  1. Kudos for braving the wind, snow, sleet and cold today. Twas a great day to be inside at the climbing gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was glad to be done! Any recs on a good climbing gym...been wanting to get into that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a newbie at the climbing thing. My kids have been doing a climbing team prep class Monday and Wednesdays at the new Earth Treks gym in Golden. Their class goes from 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., so I usually go run for an hour+, then lift/climb (bouldering) until they are done. Starting to really enjoy it, although my lack of upper body strength and flexibility are glaringly on display (but getting better...). Great vibe at the gym. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...